Wednesday, January 9, 2008

A Little Backgorund

A little background about me becoming a stay-at-home-dad.

When my wife and I decided to have children (or at least a child) we both liked the idea of one of us staying at home to raise our kid(s). I took the position and now love every minute of it. Although it was tough at first because you get used to working and bringing home a paycheck and then you make that change. Until my son was born, I had not changed one diaper in my life. It was scary and surreal all at the same time. The biggest part of it all was learning and figuring out what to do. Thankfully my wife was home for a bit before going back to work so it was a shared process. Then the daunting day of my wife returning to work and being left alone with this tiny little man. (Tiny meaning baby because he tends to want to be as tall as he can be.) Worried about every little thing and trying to make sure he was getting everything he needed. Even though this is the beginning, this is the best job ever even on the tough days.

No comments: