Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hiding the Good Candy

One of life's goals for kids is "Get Candy!" No matter where it is or who has it they want it. This goes the same for any kind of candy. My kids have candy in moderation and are pretty good about it. The Boy will even say, "I don't want to eat too much candy because it has sugar in it." I think that is great but I also know that it is a ploy to get more candy. Sometimes you find particular good candy, for example Peanut Butter M&Ms, and after eating some decide that you can't share with the kids. I remember when they first came out with Peanut Butter M&Ms, they were not that great. It is hard to get a good peanut butter taste from such a small candy. Well they fattened them up a little and now they have sky rocketed to near the top of my list of must have candy, like sweet tart jelly beans. With all that in mind when these types of yummy deliciousness come into our home they are properly hidden from the children, it sounds mean and probably is but they have plenty of other candy to eat and enjoy and why would I want something that is so delicious to be wasted with a quite gnawing and no appreciation for it. Besides it helps to have some good candy around when you are a stress eater, that moment of bliss sometimes help get through a crazy day.

No comments: