Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Atlas

My AGW saw a very impressive Atlas produced by National Geographic on Ellen before Thanksgiving and we discussed that it may be a good present for the Boy. I looked it up on Amazon and found it to be $130 (too bad we weren't in Ellen's audience that day). No way he was getting an atlas for that much even if Santa was to bring it. So on Black Friday as I was shopping I found some lesser versions that were good and purchased one for the Boy for Christmas. It has been a lot of fun so far as we have used it to talk about the different places int he world and looked up webcams in different parts of the world. First one we looked at was at the South Pole, known as South Pole Station, and have since ventured to some African ones where last night I saw Kudu and Wildebeast (or at least that is what I thought they were). For school show and tell this week the kids were asked to bring in their favorite Christmas present and I am proud to say the Boy wants to take the Atlas as he is fascinated by it. Nothing like an educational present that kid loves.

No comments: