Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Self Checkout

The Girl and I find one thing rather annoying, when people who can literally carry all their grocery items in their hands/arms clog up the regular check out lines instead of using the U-Scan (or self-checkout). The Girl gets particularly annoyed as she likes to ride int he carts with the cars on the front but only for so long, especially if we are not moving. As her patience was wearing thin I am trying to keep her calm but as the longer we had to wait the louder she got. The wait might not have been so bad except for the fact that the first person with an armful of stuff thought it would be a fantastic idea to have an at length discussion with the cashier while we all waited. I thought about channeling one of friends who may have handled the situation much differently, but I kept my composure as much as I could and kept asking the Girl to be patient. As the Girl got louder I did as well in asking her to be patient. The amazing part is the lady never got the hint and the other person with an armful of stuff was getting annoyed by both the first lady and the Girl (and probably me as well). I believe the cashier noticed we were a little peeved as she asked the person in front of me and the person behind me how their day was but didn't ask me, and I believe she was frustrated with my $15 worth of coupons that I handed her. At least this time I didn't have to take the pacifier away to make my child cry to get the person done checking out out of the way.

No comments: