Thursday, June 9, 2011

My Little Helpers

One of the great thing about having kids is at times they like to help.  I will take all the help I can get even though the help I get turns into far more work.  They like to help bake cookies, sometimes clean up (especially the cookie bowl), put stuff in the grocery cart, spend the money, and add to my receding hair line.

This morning we had some errands to run.  Usually it is like pulling teeth to try to get ready to get out of the house, remember the stuff I need and where I am trying to go.  In the process of getting ready sometimes it is like doing it times three: The Boy, The Girl and Myself.

This particular morning it was a little different.  The Boy has lately been trying to help The Girl do stuff or get her seat buckled in the car, I am for this generousness but usually The Girl doesn't want his help.  This morning as I am throwing their clothes at them and trying to get some other things ready for our trip to Hobby Lobby The Boy decides to help his sister get dressed.  She has no issue getting the clothes off, but getting them is an issue.  I would say he did a decent job as the shorts and underwear were on right.  The only issue was the tank top, he totally forgot to put here arms through the arm holes and couldn't figure out what was wrong with it.

Hopefully the helpfulness continues but I am not holding my breath.

No comments: