Thursday, November 4, 2010

Do they know?

I often ask myself this question, "Do they know?" It seems no matter what the situation the kids know the exact thing to do to either start a fight between the two of them at the worst time, when I need to use the bathroom, get something out that I just cleaned up -dump it and move on, etc., etc. Maybe I am finally making my breakfast after making the Girl's breakfast, the Boy's breakfast, making the Boy's lunch for school and getting all the necessary stuff ready for school one will say "Can I have _____ please?" Fill-in the blank with whatever you want, maybe "red cabbage" perhaps but it never fails. It can happen anywhere as well and usually at the most inconvenient times, even when they sleeping they know to wake up screaming in the last two minutes of a show that I really wanted to watch or the last 30 seconds of the Red Wings game on TV. They just know.

No comments: