Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Can I get a do-over?

Today is a day that I wonder if someone is trying to tell me something or if I should just go back to bed and start over. The Girl wakes up at 6 am, I believe mostly to try to wear me out. The Boy gets up appropriately at 6:30 am as it is a school day. They are both a hungry as they are learning to eat all their dinner so they can have a snack before bed. All is good as I make toaster waffles for the Boy and the Girl has her O's, I am making some toaster french toast for myself. As I am coming into the room, my son starting screaming in agony. I run into the room and his mouth is bleeding I get him to the bathroom sink (he has had a loose front tooth for quite awhile now). It looks like it hurts a lot but it also looks like the tooth has come free but still there and he will not let me tough it. So I get him to calm down eventually and then have him go back and sip on his juice. I clean up the sink and look at him and the tooth is gone. This excites me as this has hampered him eating for a while and seeing stuff like that makes me queasy, then I realize the tooth is gone. Gone int he sense I believe he swallowed it. First time this has happened so I am trying not to panic, look up some info and find it will come out the other end. I called the dentist just to double check. Next he freaks out and says his stomach hurts after I told him he probably swallowed it (he was fine until I mentioned it), so I take five minutes and get him calm again. Then he freaks out because he has nothing for the tooth fairy, so I calm him down again and explain that we will write a note and take a picture and the Tooth Fairy will understand and he exclaims "What if she doesn't understand?!" I explain that this has probably happened before and it will be OK. During all this the Girl eats my french toast so now it is time to go to school and I didn't get to eat. So then on our way to school traffic is not moving at all and I see the stop light cycle a few times and figure out there is a train, fortunately the school is before the tracks so I make it around and get him to school. On the way out I need to go to Sam's Club to pick up some things and figure in the 15 or so minutes in the school the train would be gone... WRONG! I patiently sit and wait while a lady pulls up behind me and starts honking as I have a green light with no where to go. She decides to go around me and shakes her head at me and then discovers no one else is going any where either. Finally the train moves along and we get to Sam's Club only to find out they don't have the stuff all together for the online oder and they are scrambling to figure it out (I had a confirmation the order was ready). As we do some shopping and pick up a few other things they get it together and we are good to go, we check out and as I am going out the door I realize I forgot my club card at the register. After all that we finally make it home around 10 am and my brain is telling me it is 5 o'clock somewhere.

No comments: