Friday, August 20, 2010

The Midnight Pooper

The Boy is starting Kindergarten and has already started his first school sponsored sport, Cross Country, which brings him to drinking excessive amounts of water from his loved water bottle. This has createda a situation where ever night around 10 or 11 pm he needs to pee and not just tinkle but pee as in Austin Powers coming out of being frozen pee. He just has to go, go bad and right now, and the best part is he is usually almost still asleep. The other night he had to go as we were getting ready for bed and my wife gets him into the bathroom and he sits on the potty and pees and she is giggling because he isn't really awake. She is asking him if he is done and he says yes but doesn't get up or do anything. This prompts me into going in to help him, as I am doing this I am trying to get him to stand up so I can get him dressed and put the sleeping pee-er back to bed he mumbles "I can do it myself." as he is pushing me away and PLOP! I had to leave the room as I didn't want to startle him and have him think I was laughing at him. I guess he had to poop as well, my wife and I couldn't stop laughing. He eventually finished up and cleaned up and we whisked him back to bed and I would bet he doesn't even remember any of it, although it could have provided for a strange dream.

No comments: