Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hungry, Hungry Hippo

Sometimes I just don't understand how much a little toddler can eat. The girl who is 19 months old is going to eat us out of house and home. She eats what seems like 7 meals a day, and when it is Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner it seems like the only reason she stops eating is when we either stop giving her food or we run out. This morning thus far she has had two bowls of apple Cinnamon Cheerios, one Jimmy Dean sausage biscuit, and about 8 or 9 strawberries. I am pretty sure in about an hour or less she will want a snack. I realize she may be going through a growth spurt but this has been going on since she turned one and if she keeps this growth spurt up she will be taller than her brother by the time she is two. In six months she went from 29 inches to 33 inches at her 18 month checkup. So the question is can you feed a toddler, that is very demanding, too much?

The Boy is really enjoying hockey, I can't wait until he gets to play on a team as right now he is in the learn to play program where they do play some games but it is mostly learning to skate better, handle the puck a little, etc. He is adventurous some times too, he decides he wants to go play in the bigger groups because they look like they are having more fun because they use pucks more, I like the fact that he is willing to be adventurous but at the same time it scares me as I don't want him to get hurt because some of the kids in the other groups are 7 or a bit older as you have to go through the learn to play before being put on a team. He does ok just doesn't have the knowledge or all the skills of what they are doing to participate easily. He is also very excited for Christmas and even more so the Polar Express party they are having at school. I don't think the teacher knows what she has gotten herself into as he lives for this movie and his Polar Express Train and his CD, etc., etc., etc.

Also just a note for those who have missed it the new Disney Christmas special "Prep and Landing" is very good. The Boy didn't see it yet but he will be watching it on Dec. 18th at 7:00 on ABC Family. My wife and I really enjoyed it and I think we were both surprised by how much we liked it. (Just a note I don't get paid by Disney, but maybe I should.) The Boy has seen commercials for it and already quotes lines from the show.

No comments: