Thursday, July 10, 2008

The kids work in tandem

My wife has just went back to work and I am home with the two children, beyond the other parts of life and home-ownership causing distraction, it hasn't been too bad. I have learned one aspect in these first few days of 1 vs. 2, they work in tandem to try to get me to run off screaming. Granted my baby girl is only 10 weeks old at this point she knows what she is doing. If I am doing something with my son, rebuilding his train track or playing a game she fusses. If I am feeding her or trying to get her to relax and go to sleep my 3 year old son wants me to play with him or get something for him. I am currently searching for their manifesto to see what they really want, because as far as I am concerned if they both are good I'll give it to them. I am not sure how I like being outnumbered but the timeout chair is still a great ally in the fight against a pre-schooler. We did have our first trip out this week, a short run to the store where they give lots of samples, which my son liked and well my daughter she just smiled and was along for the ride. It is getting a bit easier but at the same time more tiring as well.

No comments: