Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The End is Near

I can't believe school is almost out for the summer and the Boy will be done with Kindergarten.  It seems all to soon for this too happen.  He has been doing great in school and gets to spend a lot of time with all his friends, although he has been excited to be out of school. I am not as excited for him to be out of school but it shall be an interesting summer.

We decided to get a bigger pool, we had a 10' x 30" pool the last two years but he has outgrown it and you put the Boy, the Girl and me in there and it is crowded.  With the luck of a sale we have moved up to a 14' x 42" pool.  This should at least last my incredible growing bean stalks about 6 months.  They are excited as it finally got setup this week and with any luck from the weather we will be in this weekend to celebrate memorial day and the unofficial beginning of summer.  In the least I will definitely have crop circles in my yard this year.  This will  be nice as I won't have to lay down to be int he water any more.  Although I would have rather dug a huge hole and made it an in-ground pool with some beach sand but for $200 I couldn't ask for too much more.

The Boy's kindergarten picnic was this week and was a blast for the kids.  They basically got to run free and play all sorts of games for a couple of hours while we got to socialize somewhat with the adults.  The funny part is my AGW learned that the Girl is quite the celebrity at school and she doesn't even go there yet.  All the kids knew her even all the older siblings in the upper grades.  The Girl has more friends than she knows.  They know her and my son but I am known as "The Boy's Dad".

With Kindergarten coming to an end I am starting to feel it necessary to take summer classes because I don't know if I will be able to keep up with the 1st grade homework.  At least next year the Girl starts preschool and I will be able to get a week's worth of stuff done in two hours as I won't have to be at the beckon call of a 3 year old.

No comments: