Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Break

I remember in school I could not wait for summer break. The Boy however loves school so much he was very upset when I told him summer break was coming and there wouldn't be school for a while. He believed that it was like Easter break and was only a week so we shall see what happens in the coming days when he realizes we are not going to school. We have enrolled him in some camps that will hopefully make the summer without school more enjoyable for him. I guess the thing he doesn't realize is that I want him to go as much as he wants to go to school, especially since he wants to go as I think someday that fortune will get reversed. Although I need to deprogram him as a kid in his preschool has been teaching him some nice things:

The Boy: "DAMN!"
Daddy: What did he say?
Mommy: He said "Bam."
Daddy: Are you sure? Boy, what did you say?
The Boy: DAMN!
Daddy: that is a bad word, you do not say that. Where did you learn that from?
The Boy: My Friend from school.

Well at least he won't learn anything else from his friend as it is summer break.

The Girl is getting more daring with the walking. She has taken a few steps now and then but not much more but I think she will be flying around this house with her brother in not time. Today she opened the gate, granted we haven't locked it until today because she mostly left it alone, once she was through it was like lightening as she was trying to get away as quickly as possible.

I got to golf an actual round of golf for the first time in about 4 years. I have played in scrambles and the like usually twice a year since the Boy was born, but this was actual golf except the way I played. I am really glad they sell golf balls in dozens or else it would have been a short round. I just can't wait to get out there again.

No comments: