Monday, October 13, 2008

Parents Night Out

The Wife and I had a weekend night out to go to an out of town wedding. We both looked forward to it as it was a night with no kids. We had a good time, but some of you will be shocked to hear this, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the occasional kid free night or night out, this one just felt different. Maybe I am just getting older or maybe the hotel bed was just that uncomfortable but it was just different than the plain excitement about being away from the kids for a night. It was nice, and the drive was great with all the leaves changing colors and the rolling hills we were driving through, but when you don't recognize the music and there are far more 20-somethings than you are used to seeing you just know times have changed. I guess at some point, as one of my friends and I are learning about bar food, you can't always have fun like you were used to doing. Although I am not giving up, it is always my rule of trying it twice to make sure it was the bar food and not just a strange occurrence, and I will fight it everyday.

No comments: