Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's a Cacophony

I think I just heard the Internet being bombarded with people looking up cacophony. I wouldn't know either except for Pinky Dinky Doo (I heard the internet whirring again). This is a word my son uses frequently, and thus comes a story.

Today my son took a long nap, about 3 hours (yay for me). I was listening to him on the monitor when I hear the noise, from the neighbors behind me, dogs barking. This is a sound that we have been consistently hearing starting anywhere from 5:30 am to 8:00 am when they leave them out when they go to work. Granted it is pitch black and the slightest things or even the darkness set them off. Back to the story, I start to hear the Boy russle around in the sheets when he suddenly says, "It's a cacophony! Dogs stop barking, I am trying to sleep!" followed by a sigh. Being somewhat annoyed by the dogs I could help but laugh.

At some point I challenge each of you to use this word that TV (yes I said TV) taught the Boy (and me for that matter) and he uses it appropriately while he is not quite yet four years old. I guess not all TV is bad TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best. Blog. Ever.

Great work.

McHugh