Sunday, August 24, 2008

School Time

Well it is that time of year - SCHOOL TIME!! I am very excited as I will be down to one kid for a few hours each weekday excluding Holidays. My on is very excited to be going back to school as well. We had an open house day to go in and find your cubby and meet your teachers and stuff (yes he is still in preschool), he couldn't even wait for that as he told me "You can just drop me off, you don't need to go in with me." I am guessing school is his domain and he doesn't want my interference. In the end I guess it is a win-win for both of us. To get ready for school we went to Kohl's this weekend with both kids to get some clothes for him for school, thankfully there was a sale as both kids were a bit fussy we got three or four shirts, shoes, socks, a couple pairs of shorts, and about 6 or 7 pairs of pants for him paid and all in about a half hour. It was the most efficient/crazy shopping trip I think I have ever been on. Now we just have to see what fits him and doesn't so we can figure out what needs to go back because there is nothing like trying to try on clothes on a fidgeting not real happy or cooperative 3 3/4 year old. Monday will be a great day we all get a little something we want.

Our little girl is growing up very fast she rolls over to her stomach and back to her back now, she loves to play with her phone (baby rattle) that was given to her, and she is showing some real girl traits as in having a hard time deciding what she wants. For example, you hold her and she is not happy, you set her down and she isn't happy, you see if she is hungry and she isn't, you check her diaper, you try her swing, and it keeps going sometimes. I think she is trying to exert her power over us boys but we will not have it, we will just make her start playing with trucks and trains and she will have to turn to the right side of the world. She will have her 4 month appointment soon so I will update her information then as I try to find my sons to see how the children compare.

No comments: