Saturday, February 18, 2012

Growing Overnight

The kids spent the night at the grandparents house recently.  It had barely been 24 hours from when I dropped them off to picking them up.  I walk in and see the Boy and the only thing I could think of is, "Did you get taller?"

When my AGW got home from work she said the same thing.  So I had him stand against the wall, marked his height, and got the tape measure to see how tall he was.  Not quite 7 1/2 years old and the kid is a little over 4' 4" tall.

Granted all his school pants look like capris at this point, but i figured part of that was them shrinking in the wash until I had put the new pair on him.  The new pair (which was bought as a backup for when the holes in the knees started) was still too short, not as short as the older worn pants but above the ankle.  So now I need to find pants that have a size 6 waist with a size 8 leg length.  I realize there is adjustable waist but you can only pull that elastic so far until it breaks.

No comments: