Tuesday, December 27, 2011

New Toys Are the Best

Ahhhh!  Christmas has come and gone.  The lead up was a bit like torture as the kids were excited.  One thing I have found about being a teacher is that when you are off before Christmas with the kids they drive you nuts as they are full of excitement and anticipation.  After Christmas they have all these new wonderful toys to play with and don't make my head explode.

I used to groan about having to help the Boy with his Lego sets,  now I sit upset that he won't let me help build the new Lego Cargo Train.  I have been cast off to rebuilding some old sets that are among the 8000 Legos in the bin, not separated into the nice bags that come in the box.  We will see how long the Police Command Center stays together after I rebuilt it.

The Girl has her passion, Fairies and Princesses but there is a new girl on the block - Barbie.  At least Princesses have floor length dresses.  Then the Girl did the unthinkable, she put a Barbie party dress on Princess Aurora.  I was feeling a little uncomfortable for the Princess, although Prince Philip was smiling.  Barbie is fine as long as she doesn't go the way of the Bratz, plus she does have a cool car even though it is the Girl's favorite color - PINK!

Santa was even good to me, bringing all sorts of stuff from Williams Sonoma.  Already enjoyed the Pancake Waffle Pan, and can't wait to use some of the new recipes in the slow cooker cookbook.  My AGW had a swell Christmas as well as Santa made sure to listen well, plus now I think Land's End believes I am a girl and White House Black Market is trying to get me to sign up for their super customer platinum card.  Sounds like it is time for a trip to Best Buy and buy a TV that is bigger than me to re-establish my man card.

No comments: