Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Wishing Time Away

We went through this with the Boy and now the Girl is getting into this phase.  It is not so much of her actually wishing time away as having no concept of time other than during the current day.  Maybe she is just trying to manipulate me into getting something earlier.

We recently hung up Christmas lights.  I know it is before Thanksgiving but when you have a 65-70 degree day, you get it done.  Now all she talks about is Christmas.  I know she should be excited but at least let me have some turkey, shopping and more turkey first.

This often happens with other things as well.  My AGW and I often tell our kids things at the last minute because otherwise they bug us to no end.  So much so I want to threaten to not go to the show that we just paid $70+ as a family to go see.  Yes they may learn a lesson but what lesson do I learn?

Either way I seem to lose.  I either get the constant whining and asking when we get to go or when something is coming, or I get crying and whining because I said no or took something away.  I know it is supposed to provide a base and help them learn about consequences but I will be the one standing in the garage yelling "SERENITY NOW!"

No comments: