Monday, November 7, 2011

The Desk

The Boy has been asking for a desk for his room since he started second grade.  He wants a place to do his homework.  We had a waited a little bit and then decided to get him a desk.

Granted getting the desk was difficult as we were planning to get something from IKEA and it was hard to get there.  My AGW and I like to go without the kids so we can actually shop and not be told how boring this is or that someone has to go to the potty for the fifth time in 10 minutes.

Finally this weekend we were able to go, although a took a bribe of red beans and rice for my parents.  This trip to IKEA was like no other.  I believe we purchased more items than we ever have.  Most of the time there is a large furniture purchase.  This time their wasn't as my AGW was in a shopping mood.  Not only did we pick out a nice red desk top for the Boy, we found and purchased many other things for our bedroom.  Now we just have to find the time to start working on our bedroom.

After we got home I started putting the desk together so it could be ready before we went to pick up the kids.  Taking a little longer than I had planned my AGW went to pick up the kids while I finished.  I got done in plenty of time and couldn't wait for them to get back.

The Boy was very excited about his new desk.  This morning on the way to school he said, "I wish school were only an hour so I could get home and do my homework at my desk."  He was very excited to get home and do his homework at his desk.  He finished quickly and then decided he was going to make copies of his Fall Story from school. He is one happy Boy.


No comments: