Monday, July 11, 2011

The Good Children

Often I whine and complain here about my children driving me insane.  I really think somewhere they get paid to do that (BUSIA).  Yesterday we decided to go out for dinner, their usual choices are McDonalds, Wendys or Sonic.  All are good and a hidden pleasure of bad food but sometimes we try to go to other places.  We go to a sports bar/restaurant that is close by because we like it, the kids enjoy it and they can be loud and no one cares.

Usually there is some kind of kid disaster but this one evening it was a pleasant dinner.  No parental yelling, no kid screaming and everyone enjoying their food.  It was so nice in fact we had to get some ice cream afterwards, which I would think was pushing our luck to some kind of meltdown but to my surprise the kids did great and were good once again.  The Boy has great taste in picking ice cream - Birthday Cake was his selection and it was fantastic.  From now on I am having what he is having when it comes to ice cream.  The Girl did well too and had Superman ice cream, and my Iditarod  Peanut Butter fell short comparably.

Then after a good outing we headed home and jumped in the pool, easiest way to clean up after two kids and ice cream.  The toughest part of the evening was getting the Girl (Waterbug) out of the pool and getting her to go to bed.

I will take my one nice meal out and savor it as who knows when that may ever happen again.

No comments: