Thursday, March 18, 2010

Getting Pushed Around

Well I apologize for the length between updates, but when you are working on one of the two sure things in life it takes away some free time, besides the kids have been wearing me out.

The Boy now only takes naps on hockey days or when we feel absolutely necessary (at least for sanity's sake), so my bit of time during nap times for some days is now gone as we are either building Legos, playing Wii, or playing whatever new game he invents. Now on the other hand, my wife and him play Nintendo DSi and to my surprise they are quite the video game gurus (I think she is holding out on me)., as one day the Boy said to me "Daddy, you are not very good at this." It was pretty funny. Now we are getting warmer weather and have been able to get outside some which is good for all of us, and I have even started to get back to running a little bit. I need to be in better shape to get to stay up with the kids. Since they are getting faster and more agile we are getting a fence in our backyard to keep them penned in.

The Girl is learning new words every day now and she has learned how to push us around literally. When she wants something, lets say a snack, she will pull our hand over to the kitchen and literally push us over the gate. She has a new game called "Got You" which entails me chasing her around, her yelling "Got You" and trying to stay away from me. When I do eventually catch her she giggles and says "Got You!" This game is usually played when she needs a diaper change, time for a meal, or time to get ready to go somewhere.

One last note, the Boy plays his first official hockey game soon and we are all very excited, him especially. I am wondering what he will do first score a goal or get a penalty...

No comments: