Monday, March 29, 2010

The Preschool Cup of Dirt

Last year in the spring the Boy brought home a cup of dirt with a seed in it to grow a bean plant. Somehow through my great efforts to kill the plant in sprouted and we ended up having a bean sprout plant that had about 14 beans we picked and ate. Well it is that time of year and the Boy brought home another cup with dirt and a seed in it, this year it is a pepper plant as apparently the bottom of a green pepper leaves a shamrock type print (he brought it home on St. Patrick's Day), and the plant has sprouted through my complete mismanagement of its care. So I guess this year we will have another large pot on our patio with a pepper plant growing. Granted I like both vegetables so now worries there, the issue is making sure I don't kill it and crush the happiness of the 5 year old boy who takes great pride in these type of things. I wonder if kindergarten next year will send him home with another cup of dirt as the happiness of the Boy hangs in the balance with the life of each plant.

No comments: