Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ice Cream Lip

Before the baby arrives we are trying to have some outings with the three of us, because soon there will be four of us. We decided to go to Handel's (for those of you that don't know they are an awesome ice cream place originating out of Youngstown , Ohio) and get some yummy treats for our tummies. After much debate and looking at the flavors I was ready to order. As I am waiting in line I hear a loud scream from around the corner, I think "Uh-Oh!" My wife emerges around a corner with my son screaming in her arms asking for napkins, there are two things I know at Handel's don't get out of line no matter what and be ready for the great fall. I calmly ask the girl helping me "Can I have some napkins as my son probably just fell on his face?" I get her the napkins and they go around the corner to the table where the screaming stops. I get our Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie waffle cone and Red Sky at Night waffle cone with two spoons and head around the corner, there sits the victim with a smile and fat lip and my wife with spots of kid blood on her shirt and shoulder.


It was now ice cream time. We had smiles after some great ice cream and trying a new flavor. When we ready to go my son said "Can we get in the car and go home now?" We said "Sure." As we are pulling out of the parking lot and making our way my son exclaims fat lip and all, "That was fun!"

No comments: